(TV) MM Vinyl v. CD/"5 Miles of You"/Cameron Crowe's "Almost Famous"

I think we can forget about Elektra ever remastering MM given the non existent to very low profit they would make on a remastered re-issue .

I have had a number of vinyl copies of the album "Marquee Moon" over the years (U.S., Canadian, German, French, and Japanese) and to me the vinyl sounds much better than my CD version released in the late 1980s/early 90s.  The CD version sounds much harsher and more grainy than my vinyl copies, plus my vinyl MM has higher fidelity---it sounds more alive and has a 'warmer' (?) sound (especially my pristine MM Japanese pressing).  My Japanese vinyl versions of Verlaine's eponymous "Tom Verlaine" and "Dreamtime" also sound superior to my CD versions.

By the way, I recently bought a brand new unopened TV "Cover" CD and Holy Smoke! I put on the CD and listen to the first song, 'Five Miles of You' , I'm in heaven and then......and then,  I'm in despair------the ending of  the song terminates abruptly without a fade out  (unlike my vinyl version or my Miller's Tale CD version of this song). So I think, well maybe I was enjoying the music so much that my brain waves made the CD skip the ending, or my machine skipped, but no, it happens everytime.  Then I start grasping at straws; maybe there's nothing wrong with this "Cover" CD, maybe the version on the "Cover" CD was shortened for some reason.  Has anyone else  out there experienced this sad sonic state of affairs?

	Leo

PS:  For any of you Lester Bangs fans or movie fans out there-----I was watching "The Charlie Rose Show" late last night on PBS and Rose had on a a director, Cameron Crowe (?) (who apparently wrote for rock mags like Creem and Rolling Stone back in the 1970s and claimed he was a very good friend of Bangs).  Crowe said one of the characters in his new movie "Almost Famous" is supposed to be Lester Bangs.  Anyone ever read anything Crowe wrote on music, and did he ever review Television?

Although Crowe said on the Rose show that all unknown actors played the key parts and that his movie was about the love/fanaticism/pain involved in caring too much for a particular rock band or musical genre, I don't hold out much hope given that Crowe also directed one of my least favorite movies--- the very slick "Jerry Maguire".