RE: (TV) MM Vinyl v. CD/"5 Miles of You"/Cameron Crowe's "Almost Famous"

Yup, they really screwed up the CD version of Cover and terminated Five
Miles Of You early.
I think The Millers Tale corrects this error.
Both Marquee Moon and Adventure CDs are lousy transcriptions, they really
should remaster them.
Hang onto your vinyl!
-Howard

On 12 September 2000 21:05, Casey, Leo J [SMTP:CaseyL@volpe.dot.gov] wrote:
> By the way, I recently bought a brand new unopened TV "Cover" CD and Holy
Smoke! I put on the CD and listen to the first song, 'Five Miles of You' ,
I'm in heaven and then......and then,  I'm in despair------the ending of
 the song terminates abruptly without a fade out  (unlike my vinyl version
or my Miller's Tale CD version of this song). So I think, well maybe I was
enjoying the music so much that my brain waves made the CD skip the ending,
or my machine skipped, but no, it happens everytime.  Then I start grasping
at straws; maybe there's nothing wrong with this "Cover" CD, maybe the
version on the "Cover" CD was shortened for some reason.  Has anyone else
 out there experienced this sad sonic state of affairs?