Re: [(TV) MM Vinyl v. CD/"5 Miles of You"/Cameron Crowe's "Almost Famous"]

I saw a sneak preview of Almost Famous this weekend, and I give it thumbs up.
It's the story of 15-year-old Cameron Crowe's initiation into the world of
rock journalism, with Lester Bangs as his mentor.  Lester is protrayed
sympathetically, and they do a fine job of recreating the atmosphere
surrounding 1973 arena rock.  At root it's a feel-good movie, and I generally
rebel against such things.  But this one's so warm-hearted and honest in its
depiction of a hard-working second-string hard rock act trying to cross the
threshold into stardom that it wins my sympathies.

- Jeff