Re: [(TV) MM heard thru ran orange juice can]

Whew, I hope I didn't spark all these anti-audiophile comments.  I'd describe
my own home system as less than mid-fi.  Maybe even much less.  I think my
buddy with the tube amp (at 900 bucks per tube!!!) for his home stereo is
quite out of his gourd.  I don't know, maybe it's my ears, but I think the
difference between digital and analog sound is very apparent even on a
marginal system.  Analog is transparent, and lets you focus on the music.
Digital gets the job done, but works as an impediment to the listening
process.  It's kind of like the old silent Chaplin flicks.  You can appreciate
his artistry and genius, but the medium kind of gets in the way.

By the way, there've recently been audiophile reissues of artists who I'd
imagine have sold many fewer records than Television -- Skip Spence, for
example, and Nick Drake.  So there's hope yet for a remastered Marquee Moon.

- Jeff