Re: (TV) MM heard thru ran orange juice can

In a message dated 9/14/00 6:32:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
nick@powelln.freeserve.co.uk writes:

<< It also makes me think a bit of the kind of people who
think a band must be fantastic if all the musicians are
excellent.................I think not.

It's funny ... as a kid, the singers I liked all had very nice voices, and a
lot of that I still like now.

As I've gotten older, I've gained a real appreciation for singers like
Verlaine, Randy Newman, Tom Waits, Captain Beefheart, Tom Petty ... people
you certainly wouldn't say have that traditional "good" singing voice, but I
find more emotion and character here.

       -- Owen

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Page On A Shadowy Web)

"America is such a powerful country that everyone in the world ought to be
able to vote for President. But you'd never allow that because you know that
if that happened, the next President of the United States would be Frank
Zappa." -- Billy Connolly, 1988