(TV) Tom in Rock Handbook: 1982?

Anybody seen the entry for Tom Verliane in this book?
The writer of the entry states that Tom "Has a
following amongst musicians and critics, but needs to
polish edges before gaining universal acceptance(!)"
and praises his "Extravagant, futuristic" guitar
playing. The entry goes up to "Words from the front"
so this would 1982 83ish? Contains a photo of Tom like
the one on the "Words from the front" album cover but
is black and white and from a different angle, but I
is sure I have seen it before. I've had the book for
ages and never thought to look at it for any Tom
stuff.

On an unrelated note, i seen the debate on
strings/tuning/Jazzmasters, i play a Fender Jaguar and
it is a nightmare as different sring guages exert
diifering amounts of force on the wee string saddles
and i always have to take an allan key to them,
otherwise there is tons of string buzz. It stays in
tune okay as long as you do not have the tremelo thing
centred but instead right up against the bridge plate,
so that downward tremelo is the only way available.
Maybe if it was set up by someone who knew the guitar
better than the guy at my local shop it would be more
balanced.

Bilbicus

=====
Nothing ever happens until it happens twice - Tom Verlaine