(TV) Guitars

=?iso-8859-1?q?Billy=20Ancell?= wrote:

> On an unrelated note, i seen the debate on
> strings/tuning/Jazzmasters, i play a Fender Jaguar and
> it is a nightmare as different sring guages exert
> diifering amounts of force on the wee string saddles
> and i always have to take an allan key to them,
> otherwise there is tons of string buzz. It stays in
> tune okay as long as you do not have the tremelo thing
> centred but instead right up against the bridge plate,
> so that downward tremelo is the only way available.

I don't think I've ever seen a guitar stay in tune if the
twang bar (thanx, Adrian!) is used.  I've got a Strat that'll
stay in tune forever unless I touch that bar.  It's the nature
of the beast, I suppose.

I can't recall how often Tom used the bar when I saw him play,
but he took *forever* tuning between songs.  I wanted to run to
the nearest music store and buy him a $40 tuner!!

Tangent: a friend of mine said he'd seen a record on eBay by
George <Greek last name> that had both Robert Fripp and Richard
Lloyd on it!  Anyone know what this might be?