Re: (TV) Whammy bars, leases, etc

man, i hear ya...i checked out sanfrancisco before heading
on up to seattle in 94 (coming from upstate ny) & tho
sanfrancisco was/is beautiful, i realized very quickly that
unless i wanted to sell my soul real fast, i was never gonna
be able to afford to live the way i'd like in said city.
i'll tell you tho...the westcoast, en generale, is being
gentrified, fucked over, & sterilized by dot-commers & other
sordid techno-pimps.
i lived in seattle for 3 yrs & watched rents rise in
enormous gulps, moved down to portland, oregon (where i
currently reside) & count myself lucky & living on borrowed
time to live in a downtown studio where i pay $415/month.
it's a city housing run quasi-tenement & believe you me,
it's days are numbered.
don't know where i'll go next....looks like i'll have to say
bye bye to the west coast at some point tho...LA's unreal,
SF's un-affordable, seattle's fast becoming such as is
portland...sad, really.
especially when you consider what 'hep' reputations these
cities have, only to discover the real power out here is in
the hands of beautiful 20-40nuthings working for artificial
intelligence...