(TV) TV on TV UK

In message <Springmail.105.972671121.0.94945400@www.springmail.com>,
serovner@mindspring.com writes
>I have a clip from TOGWT, but it's Foxhole and it's 1978.  I don't think TV went
>to the UK until 1977, with Blondie as the opening act.

Yeah, I'm, misleading you here - the band weren't actually _on_ the
programme,  Elevation was played over some terrible animated groovy
cartoon thing, which us what TOGWT used to do when a) they couldn't get
the band near the BBC or b)no-one but the producer or tea boy or whoever
had actually heard of them. Or they were American and thus -  to TOGWT -
either sacred or mad.

This was also the first place I heard/saw Roxy Music and, boy, did they
get a slagging (Being neither American nor laid back.) If I remember
rightly they were described, sneeringly, as "Mock Rock".

K.