Re: (TV) Intro to TV

I'm another who first heard TV on Peel after first reading that classic
review of MM in NME. Ray is right about how Peel's programme changed almost
overnight. It's amazing to think that 2 of his very favourite bands were The
Faces(sort of fair enough) but also. Status Quo. Hard to believe now.

re the recent posts about OGWT. I went to visit my brother yesterday and
have started going through a load of his old video tapes. I am certain he
used to have Foxhole. He definitely had Verlaine, also on OGWT, doing Days
On The Mountain and, I think, Postcards From Waterloo.
If my memory serves me right Verlaine was also on The Tube doing, possibly
Flashlight and one other.
Fingers crossed he might still have them on tape.It's been good fun
ploughing through so far.......amongst the great and awful Little Feat's
Rock n Roll Doctor, Roxy in 72 doing a track off 1st album(can't remember
title), Hendrix from the Lulu show, which used to go out prime time early
Saturday evening, where he broke off from playing Hey Joe and launched into
an instrumental of Sunshime Of Your Love. Best surprise of all though was
finding the video of Ice Cream For Crow.
Sorry to go on but also amongst them was the very end of Kevin Ayers doing
Shoutin In A Bucket Blues. It sounded great. The only thing I ever had was
Stranger With The Blue Suede Shoes. Anyone like to recommend what his best
stuff is?