(TV) Re: McGeoch/ Intro to TV

Hi Ray,

> Currently listening to the just -released Magazine boxset "maybe it's
> alright to be nervous now"-can't recommend it highly enough-it features one
> of my guitar heroes John McGeogh playing his heart out-some of his stuff is
> SO TV-influenced-anyone else out there think that?...man what a fantastic
> band they
> were!

What's it like? I was thinking of getting it, assuming I can find it in
this country, but was put off a bit by the track-listing. Too much
from that post-McGeoch live album. I would have preferred the Peel
sessions to have been released seperately. Cheaper on the wallet.

McGeoch was/is a great guitar player. The Magazine stuff is
superb and his Banshees work is truly phenomenal, particularly on
the Juju and Dreamhouse albums. Sadly, over the last few years
he seems to be another who's not made the best of his talents.

Regards,

Cliff

"Marc Bolan 1947-1977 A Chronology" by Cliff McLenehan
http://www.volny.cz/klif/index.htm