Re: (TV) What CDs are you listenin' to at the office?

In a message dated 11/12/00 5:15:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
nick@powelln.freeserve.co.uk writes:

As someone who never liked the Beatles the Rutles' music was always going to
grate on me. All my friends thought it was great. I am amazed to find Rutles
boots being mentioned though.......isn't someone missing the point here
somewhere.........or is it just me?

As you said, if you don't like The Beatles, yeah, the Rutles aren't going to
be much fun.

Rutles boots? Well, you'd think it'd be silly, but it actually works. SWEET
RUTLE TRACKS is a "live in the studio" recording of the band working on the
songs with some songs that didn't make the soundtrack. Neil Innes is a good
songwriter and the lead guitarist, the late Ollie Halsall, was a pretty great
guitar player. The other boots have some other live stuff, plus recordings
from the original show and some rarer Neil Innes tracks (Neil did release
8-10 solo albums after leaving The Bonzo Dog Band).

Is it missing the point? Naah ... just fits the spirit of the whole thing.
Yeah, it's a little goofy, but it's fun.

      -- Owen

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Page On A Shadowy Web)

"America is such a powerful country that everyone in the world ought to be
able to vote for President. But you'd never allow that because you know that
if that happened, the next President of the United States would be Frank
Zappa." -- Billy Connolly, 1988