Re: (TV) Florida

At 3:23 PM -0800 11/29/00, Michael Olcsvary wrote:
OT, how are our members outside the US viewing the current comedy in
Florida?

Well, I found this amusing:
http://www.modernhumorist.com/mh/0011/florida/

It's interesting, though--the American electorate as a whole seems to have said quite clearly, "We don't want either of them." It's sort of an extension of the divided government we've been voting in since '94. I find it fascinating that as one candidate gains some legal or procedural advantage, he gets a setback in some other way. We just don't want to commit to these guys.

If nothing else, people are paying more attention to the electoral process--and information design! At least until the fifteen minutes are up and the boredom kicks in, which looks to be soon. Unfortunately, I haven't been hearing much about that "inhabitant" stipulation in Article II of the Constitution--electors from a given state can't cast votes for Presidential and Vice-presidential candidates who are also _inhabitants_ of that same state (in this case, Texas--and I know that Cheney's changed his "residence" to Wyoming...but the Constitution says "inhabitants"). That ought to get interesting around December 18th.

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/