Re: (TV) Re: TV Digest V1 #229

Yes, Hell is playing bass on those tapes. They are from a demo session
Television did for Island Records in the Winter of 1975 - probably in March.
Richard Williams and Brian Eno were the producers. Verlaine claims Island
intended to use them for an LP, and Verlaine did not think the band was ready
to record.

Five songs from this session have been bootlegged, which are, off the top of my
head:
Prove It
Friction
Venus
Double Exposure
Marquee Moon

Hell also says they recorded "Blank Generation", but I don't believe this has
ever been circulated, and in fact, Clinton Heylin's book claims Hell left
shortly after these demos were recorded *because* they wouldn't record one of
his songs! Who knows.

--Philip