Re: (TV) Grammy nominations announced

In a message dated 1/3/01 11:36:25 PM Eastern Standard Time, maurice@mac.com
writes:

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20010103/en/grammys_list.html

Comments, folks?

I don't know why, but I'm always compelled to check out the nominees knowing
it'll usually make me crazy.

Personal favorite Grammy gaffe? No, not Tull for best HM band. (Joe, you'll
like/know this) ... Frank Zappa's BROADWAY THE HARD WAY was nominated for
"Best Broadway Cast Album". Nice? Well, BWTHW isn't from a Broadway show!
It's a live album from FZ's '88 tour. My only conclusion is that they never
listened to it, but figured this was a way they could nominate FZ (to help
them look hip). Pathetic.

      -- Owen

PS: By the way, my criticism is based solely on placing the album in a wildly
incorrect category. The album is a masterpiece, one of Frank's best.

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Page On A Shadowy Web)

"I've suffered for my music, now it's your turn"
-- Neil Innes, "Protest Song"