Re: (TV) Jazz

Oh, absolutely--our museum had a jazz film fest some years back, which was my introduction to Rahsaan Roland Kirk. Some key moments from _Straight No Chaser_ for me:

The 8-inch flame from Nica's lighter
Monk spinning around in the airport
The TV performance of "Blue Monk," where his feet are flying all over the place while he plays The club performances where he plays and chases a runaway cigarette butt at the same time.

There are other things--many of them presented in glorious ShakyCam(tm)--but that's all I can recall at the moment.

And from _A Great Day in Harlem_: "Nellie, does Monk speak?" - Dizzy

-Maurice