RE: (TV) Hanson

"Pontrelli, Paul Jay" <jPontrelli@stites.com> wrote:
> Hanson is a bunch of losers.  It was obvious that they didn't know what the
> hell they were taslking about for any of the bands they were asked to
> comment on.  Ah, who cares, they were there to attract an audience and
> nothing more.

My secret shame: I've been to a Hanson concert.  When my son turned
10, he asked to go see them as his birthday present.  My wife was going
to be chaperone, but she got sick the day of the show and I ended up
going.  Not only was it Hanson, but it was at my most despised venue
ever, Great Woods, just south of Boston.  Herded in like cattle, no
grass (just sand) in the "festival" seating area, and thousands of
screaming girls who were far too young to be eye candy.  Ooog, it makes
my teeth hurt just thinking about it again.

Re: Monk - I love his music.  It's just great.  Monk himself was a
man who only sporadically intersected with our universe - most of the time
he was just out there.  If it weren't for the fact that his wife took
care of all the mundane details of life on this planet, Monk would have
ceased to be Monk long before he shuffled off this plane of existence.
There are musical saints in this world who play not a single note of their
own, but make it possible for great music to happen.  Monk's wife was
one of them.