(TV) Rough guides, Hair Transplants and CSNY

This is totally unrelated to what has recently been
debated -  my sis bought me a "Rough guide" book
entitled "Music USA" for Christmas - Chapters are
arranged geographically, and are chronological. I
skipped right to New york in the 70's and checked it
out - Televison are mentioned as, I think, "Architects
of the New wave and punk movement in NY", with the
usual praise for guitars and songwriting etc yet in
the recommended listening section for New York they
are omitted - Blondie, Ramones, Talking Heads are all
there tho.

This is a complete tangent - What realy got my goat
was what they said about CSNY's Deja Vu - I don't know
about the folks on the list but I love this record -
they slated Crosby and Nash's contributions as
"ponderous and self concious, satisfying the needs of
the writer as opposed to the audience" - they then go
on to proclaim Young's "Country Girl" as one of the
outstanding tracks on the album. Does anybody else
feel this way? Fair enough, the Nash songs are twee (I
think the american translation of twee would be
"cheesy") but they are still endearing.

Wonder what Tom and Richard make of "Almost Cut My
Hair" - the guitar interplay is fantastic, and
completely suits the atmosphere of the song - Stills's
meandering (but still good) solo being completely
blown out of the water by Neil's urgency and
simplicity.

As for Mojo - good article, but as you folks say
nothing I haven't learnt since subscribing to the list
and buying the records - but the quo one had me in
fits, espec the bit about "polishing" - some people
have absolutely no morals!

P.S. Stateside folks may not know this, but over in
Blighty Francis Rossi of the quo is an advertising
star! He appears in the back pages of our seedier
tabloids advertising Follicle transplants - Class.
Almost transplanted my hair, to paraphrase Crosby.

=====
Nothing ever happens until it happens twice - Tom Verlaine