(TV) Dark Star

I saw the Ramones before I saw Television. At first Television seemed
like Quicksilver to me, but only at frst. I don't think Lester Bangs
hated Television but he did hate Tom's arrogant off-stage attitude.
Lester at one point did appreciate the improvisational jazziness of the
Dead but Lester wanted to see things move in a new direction,
specifically the Ramones three chord direction. He heard too much
plodding meandering jazziness in TV for his liking. Both Tom and Garcia
were inspired by Coltrane. I like the Dead's "Dark Star" and "St.
Stephen".