Re: (TV) Eagles: I repent

At 7:47 AM -0800 1/19/01, Russ Van Rooy wrote:
Gosh folks ! Didn't mean to ruffle so many feathers. Suffice to say you'll hear no more about the Eagles from me. I think I'll go back to lurker mode for a while.

Nonsense! Welcome to the list, Russ. Get down here in the muck with the rest of us. (Seriously, no one'll hold it against you. We've even got a few Steely Dan fans around here...myself included.)

I don't suppose I should start a thread about the similarities between Television and some progressive bands like Rush and King Crimson.....;-)

Dunno about Rush. I went through a brief Rush phase as a teenager, sold all of it. (It was Television that ended that phase, curiously...) Ever see the absolutely hilarious interview with their first drummer that's on Jim O'Rourke's site? (Just tried it, seems to be out of commission.) It was a tragicomic portrait of someone inhabiting embittered has-been space.

As for King Crimson, there are some really good discs and performances. And Tom said in a _Dreamtime_-era interview that he was originally supposed to do something with Fripp, but the scheduling apparently didn't work out. Would have been interesting to hear. (I suspect the connection was Bowie doing "Kingdom Come"--anyone know anything about it?)

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/