From: Maurice Rickard [mailto:maurice@mac.com]
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2001 11:58 AM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) Eagles: I repent

At 7:47 AM -0800 1/19/01, Russ Van Rooy wrote:
Gosh folks ! Didn't mean to ruffle so many feathers. Suffice to say
you'll hear no more about the Eagles from me. I think I'll go back to
lurker mode for a while.

Nonsense!  Welcome to the list, Russ.  Get down here in the muck with
the rest of us.  (Seriously, no one'll hold it against you.  We've
even got a few Steely Dan fans around here...myself included.)

I don't suppose I should start a thread about the similarities
between Television and some progressive bands like Rush and King
Crimson.....;-)

Dunno about Rush.  I went through a brief Rush phase as a teenager,
sold all of it.  (It was Television that ended that phase,
curiously...)  Ever see the absolutely hilarious interview with their
first drummer that's on Jim O'Rourke's site?  (Just tried it, seems
to be out of commission.)  It was a tragicomic portrait of someone
inhabiting embittered has-been space.

As for King Crimson, there are some really good discs and
performances.  And Tom said in a _Dreamtime_-era interview that he
was originally supposed to do something with Fripp, but the
scheduling apparently didn't work out.  Would have been interesting
to hear.  (I suspect the connection was Bowie doing "Kingdom
Come"--anyone know anything about it?)

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/