(TV) Grateful Dead

Well, I don't like their music but I did read Rock Skully's "Living with
the Dead" book just to try and work out why this music leaves me
completely unmoved. Conclusion I reached was that it's a miracle they
ever managed to get anything done. They're always feted as great
musicians but it seemed everyone in the band and around them knew that
Bob Weir didn't have the first idea what playing rhythm guitar entailed
and was absolutely hopeless at it. I guess what I ended up admiring
about them was the fact that they just went on doing what they did. And
on. And on.

Old joke: Q: What does a Deadhead say when they run out of dope? A:
What's that fucking awful music on the stereo?