Re: (TV) Odd Fenders

Ah, Moon Martin!  I just got his first two albums on CD - had them on vinyl
for years.  The first, "Shots From A Cold Nightmare," features his versions
of "Bad Case of Lovin' You," "Victim of Romance" and "Cadillac Walk" plus an
all star band (Willie Loco Alexander on piano, Phil Seymour on drums) and
doesn't sound a thing like Television, but it's much better than you'd
think, given the ubiquity of the Robt. Palmer cover.
I saw Moon open for Blondie at the Paradise in Boston and was really
impressed.  He's a little guy, and his guitarists in the Ravens - including
Jude Cole, one of the many Harold Stattsens of rock 'n' roll - both played
Gibsons and towered over him.  But when Moon played a solo on his Strat, he
unleashed the most hellacious (in a good way ) overdriven sound I've ever
heard!  "Shots" has been issued with the 2nd, "Escape from Domination" on a
two-fer import CD and is well worth picking up, IMHO.
Re: The Fender Lead series - they were another attempt to be taken seriously
by Fender in the Gibson-dominated market of the '70s - the only other
notable users I can think of were Elliot Easton from the Cars and Al, the
lead player in my sister's boyfriend's band, the Rockids.  Uh, you never
heard of them?