RE: (TV) Best(?) review ever written of TV's 2nd solo, incl. brie f reviewof Oct '81 TV live

Yes, Greg,  apparently Mr. Howells, the reviewer, had not received a copy of the 12-inch version at the time he wrote his review.  All he knew was that the 12-inch version was not a total instrumental , so he referred to it in his review as the vocal version. I am 99.9 % sure the 'vocal' version of "The Blue Rose" is the same one that is the bonus track on the Infinite Zero cd.  However, (I'm not at home at the moment so I can't give the exact lyrics) if you listen carefully to the 12-inch or bonus cd track you can hear more than just the words "Hi Fi".  Just from memory, I hear something like Tom saying "...love[?] of a lifetime..love of a lifetime." and more.  Anyone care to take a wack at what Verlaine is saying here (it's obviously a little difficult to make out amongst all the guitar multi-tracking on the song)?

	Leo

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Grant [mailto:GGrant@scdhb.sk.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 3:41 PM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: RE: (TV) Best(?) review ever written of TV's 2nd solo, incl.
brief reviewof Oct '81 TV live

Who is this Tom Verlaine feller and why is he on the Neil Young news list?

That was an excellent review.  Thanks for taking the time to transcribe it.
I'll be listening to Dreamtime after work now.  The liner notes in the
re-issue describing the album were also quite inspiring.

One question:  The vocal 12" Blue Robe: Is that the same Blue Robe that
appears as a bonus track on Infinite Zero's re-release and what was on the
other side of the 12"?