(TV) David Johansen

Went to the Garage in London on Saturday to see David Johansen and the
Harry Smiths, and I thought it was excellent. It's a grotty venue and
the crowd was full of fuckwits chattering and shouting out for Dolls
songs, but the performance was blistering. Normally I hate blues bands,
but he's actually managed to dig up some great songs. Is the album this
good? Any other listers seen him?
Sam
PS Is it true that he changed his name from David Jo Hansen to David
Johansen? I can't remember where I read that, but...