From: tv-owner@obbard.com [mailto:tv-owner@obbard.com]On Behalf Of Brian
Young
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 5:25 PM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: (TV) I'll miss Mr. C but...

I'll throw something out there for potential discussion:  The Wonder.  I
looked for it for years before finally buying over the internet, and when I
finally got it, I was hugely disappointed. And when I saw Tom play
acoustically at the Paradise in Boston on April 12, 1990, I was also let
down that he gave such a lackluster performance.  In comparison to acoustic
performers such as Richard Thompson, Neil Young, Peter Blegvad and hell,
Louden Wainwright III fr crying out loud, Tom lacked charisma and compelling
songs.  And I have the bootleg of that show (taped poorly, by myself
unfortunately) that I've gone back to a number of times thinking I must've
been previously wrong.

I say this although I have deep respect for him as an artist.  I will now go
back to The Wonder and this bootleg and listen again as penance and to see
if I have since changed my mind.

Well, there you go, the cat's outta the bag. Now I'll probably be banished
or shunned. Or both.

Cheers,

Brian