(TV) Lester Bangs

Chelsea, I have both Lester Bangs albums as well as a flexi of him singing Sister Ray (I think)for a Bangs tribute issue of Throat Culture. I really like both Bangs albums, and I think that the low opinion of these albums in the rock world at the time they were released must've been at least partly due to Lester's obnoxious personality. The Throat Culture thing is a collection of unreleased Bangs writing people's memories of Lester. I would highly recommend Jim DeRogatis' book Let it Blurt if you haven't read it. BTW, Lester's single Let it Blurt is the one musical thing I don't have by him. I sure wish more of his unreleased writing would surface. I still miss him.