Re: (TV) Neon Boys

Hi Steve,

The CD EP of Hell's ANOTHER WORLD was put out by Overground UK, the same people
who did the Neon Boys CD EP. It's also out-of-print now. However, as Robert
Quine pointed out, this CD version is actually a taken from a cleaned-up (but
off-center) *vinyl* copy - apparently, the tapes have been "mislaid". So you
might want to track down a vinyl copy instead - both the original Ork and Stiff
vinyl versions are pretty common on Ebay and Gemm.com; Subterranean Records was
selling mint, unplayed copies as recently as last summer
(http://www.strnyc.com) so you might want to contact them. Subterranean also
had some of the CD EP versions, too (which don't sound bad, but - and this
comes from someone who thinks a lot of the "vinyl is king" stuff is hooey - my
mint vinyl copy sounds better!) at least as recently as last year.

There is a cleaned-up reissue of the Portland 1978 show on CD, and this is
pretty common among tape traders, too. The original CD version of the Portland
show, called LAST LIVE IN PORTLAND, is taken from a beat-up copy of the
original 2LP vinyl bootleg and sounds terrible (although it includes 4 'bonus'
tracks from CBGBs in Dec. 1976). Subterranean might be able to help you find a
copy of this, too.

Let me know if you need more information. And welcome to the list!!

--Philip