Re: (TV) bangs! meltzer! cheater!

mingyah...weren't cheater a bad hard rock band ca. 1981???
if this is the same cheater you speak of, i'd love to hear
it (tho probably only for a  few seconds).
meltzer (from the horse's mouth as it were) has repeatedly
called verlaine a "sting wannabe" (which i find hilarious) &
he plain old thinks verlaine, hell & most of the new york 77
scenesters were pompous blowhards more interested in "making
it" than in making great rock...
his opinion, not mine....
he hates the dolls as well...believe you me, i've given him
drunken shit all about this...but he was there, i
weren't...he's got his opines, i got mine.

& i'd never say this to his face, but i'm certain he had a
massive crush on p smith back in the day (he outlines it in
a chapter of his "fictional" novel/essayings "the night,
alone") & i'm guessing his dislike of verlaine may have had
something to do with this.
he does love the dictators tho...& since yr a fan of "almost
famous" (I ain't), you oughta check the recent archives &
read meltzer's hilarious (& right on) piece bout crowe & the
movie (& jon tiven, amongst other things/personae) at eric
veillette's zine (32 elvis movies) site...perhaps eric could
send you the link?