Re: (TV) bangs! meltzer! cheater!

> mingyah...weren't cheater a bad hard rock band ca.
> 1981???
actually, no.  the cheater of which i speak is stephen
trask's most recent band, and his efforts with them
eventually led to his composition of the music for the
off-broadway musical/soon to be a major motion picture
_hedwig & the angry inch_.  one of the first songs
john cameron mitchell did with them in his hedwig
character was, reportedly, "see no evil".  as a fan of
both tv & _hedwig_, i'm curious to hear it.

> meltzer (from the horse's mouth as it were) has
> repeatedly called verlaine a "sting wannabe" (which
> i find hilarious)
especially since tv/verlaine predated sting.

> he does love the dictators tho...& since yr a fan of
> "almost famous" (I ain't), you oughta check the
> recent archives &
> read meltzer's hilarious (& right on) piece bout
> crowe & the movie
in my defense, i will say the following: i liked
_almost famous_ on the same level as i would enjoy a
black-and-white milkshake.  that is to say that it
tasted sweet going down and hit the spot when i first
ingested it, but it's not something that was so
substantial that it stayed with me.  as far as
boys-finding-themselves-to-music films go, it was no
_velvet goldmine_, but i can understand others'
indignation -- he was on the scene at the time when
the story was unfolding and has a front-row seat to
the liberties crowe took.  (i did like philip seymour
hoffman's portrayal of lester bangs, though.)

--chelsea

=====
chelsea the mod pixie*tugboat@channel1.com
       http://www.pixievision.com
"and if i was a word, would my letters number a hundred?
more likely coarse and vulnerable, one-syllable anglo-saxon." -- d. boon