Re: (TV) meltzer/boc

allright, all right...here we go:
meltzer met patti thru allen lanier of boc (her boyfriend at
the time)...meltzer eventually felt closer with patti than
lanier (big doors/morrison connection) & using a chapter in
"the night, alone" & various conversations i've had with the
man, i'd make a very educated guess that he was indeed "warm
for patti's form" (& mind)...he despised the way lanier
treated her & when she subsequently left lanier for verlaine
(or was she seeing em both simultaneously?), meltzer felt
passed over...
this is MY interpretation of why meltzer might have alotta
enmity for verlaine (obviously he may also simply just not
dig the man's music, tho meltzer luvs the byrds & i've
mentioned the guitar similarities, which he refutes).
i think meltzer also may have felt excluded from the
nyc/cbgb's scene...he & the dictators, et al were doing some
of that shit earlier & they weren't very welcome in downtown
boho nyc (ref. "please kill me" or just ask any of the
dictators).
meltzer has absolutely positively glowing words for the 1st
wave of LA punk & i think that's partly cos he moved out
there just as it was coming down & alotta those folks dug &
welcomed him...
end of pop psych theorem/meltzer201.