(TV) _vg_ details

> I would have thought Marc Bolan was there "first"
> and the Jack Fairy character is based on him.
huh.  given what some have said here, didn't jobriath
predate bowie?  i was also thinking of image -- from
what i gather (and i could be way off here), marc
bolan was something of a teen idol, where jobriath was
more upfront about being gay and had a more dangerous
rep.  (please note that i'm scraping together some
details and i could be wrong -- if i am and people
wish to nicely correct me, please do so.)

> Also the Jack Fairy character is later seen
> performing '20th Century Boy'
actually, that's not jack fairy -- that's "the flaming
creatures", and the lead singer is bryan molko (from
placebo).  since he and the guy who played jf look
alike people think they're the same, but they're not.
jf sings a roxy music song at the end, though, so make
of that what you will.

=====
chelsea the mod pixie*tugboat@channel1.com
       http://www.pixievision.com
"and if i was a word, would my letters number a hundred?
more likely coarse and vulnerable, one-syllable anglo-saxon." -- d. boon