Re: (TV) jobriath

> i hadn't heard that, but i always assumed the jack
> fairy character was based in part on jobriath, since
> jf was there "first"

I would have thought Marc Bolan was there "first" and the Jack
Fairy character is based on him. The film is set in a British
context. Glam was essentially a British phenomenon. Also the
Jack Fairy character is later seen performing '20th Century Boy'
makes this more likely. Jobriath (sadly) meant nothing over here.

My view of Velvet Goldmine is that it was a thinly veiled bio pic of
Iggy & Ziggy and was made by people who knew very little and
understood even less about that period of rock history.

Of course my wife and a couple of friends accuse me of being to
purist and that as a movie it's not that bad. So what do I know?

Cliff
"Marc Bolan 1947-1977 A Chronology" by Cliff McLenehan
http://www.volny.cz/klif/index.htm