(TV) jobriath

> so now i'm curious....is the hedwig musical based on
> jobriath???
huh.  that's interesting, though i haven't heard jcm
(hedwig writer) avow any jobriathian influence on his
show.  mostly jcm has spoken of plato's _symposium_
being the biggest influence on _hedwig_, as he regards
his show as a glamrock version of that text.  however,
i do know jcm is friendly with todd haynes, and
there's a chance he might have at least caught a whiff
of that from him.

> apparently , tod haynes has said here & there that
> "velvet
> goldmine" owed more than a little/lot to jobriath's
> sad & tragic star-crossed career.
i hadn't heard that, but i always assumed the jack
fairy character was based in part on jobriath, since
jf was there "first" and yet it was the synthesis that
brian slade performed that got all the attention.
where can i find *these* interviews?  (i'm a HUGE
haynes fan...i might be doing a paper on him for my
contemporary cinema class, if my prof can find me a
copy of _karen carpenter, superstar_.)

--chelsea