Re: (TV) more velvet goldmine

hm, i thought his door swung both ways at that point?

Dunno, probably it swung most ways. What I mean is, that romantic love story between I&Z, it must have been a little too bittersweet to be appreciated by JO. He must think the film is really silly. (Don't think he's seen it.)

i know curt wild was in part based on lou reed (the electroshock therapy that "tried to fry the fairy right out of him", brian/bowie's production of one of his singles), so that might also have something to do with the character's orientation.

Interesting. There must be lots of references to lots of people. I've only seen VG once, and I got almost dizzy seeing and hearing so much familiar things, but I have it on videotape, so if I want to I can start analyze. (Don't know if I dare to, I will probably get stuck... or faint.)

per, you hit on one of the things that really bothered me about _vg_ -- that curt looked that much like his last name should be "cobain". i was trying to figure out what point haynes was trying to make with that.

Yes, it feels like an anachronism. Maybe just a darling...

Per