From: secretX@webtv.net [mailto:secretX@webtv.net]
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 2:19 AM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: (TV) citylights.com

City Lights was declared a landmark last year. Read about their history
at citylights.com. I still order books from them. Lawrence Ferlinghetti
was kind enough to loan us his typewriter and some cash when we began
publishing one of the first punk fanzines, Search & Destroy (you can
still order compilations from Amazon I think. Volumes one and two
include some inerviews I did when I was in high school, of Television,
Iggy, Captain Beefheart, Roky Ericson, Devo, Blondie, etc).
Gentrification is rapidly sterilizing San Francisco but the city is
trying to preserve its most colorful places, like City Lights and the
John Coltrane Church.