Re: (TV) Tom's height & hands

> Again not to get too hung-up on metrics, but my recollections from the
many live performances (and as some of you might have gathered by now--for
better or worse, I was always paying extremely very close attention to
details of his performance), in particular a show at Hampshire College in in
Northampton, Massachusetts in November 1982 (the night the power at the
school failed right for 15 minutes right in the middle of very long extended
version of "Down On the Farm", from Dreamtime),  when I got within 3 feet of
him----is that Tom is more lanky than tall; I would bet a copy of MM that
he's much closer to 6" flat (6' 1" tops).

I've stood next to Tom more than once, and if he's not at least 6'3" I'd be
VERY surprised.

> I also know from observation that (as Michael C. once said) Tom has
extermely large hands relative to a a man of his size.  "All the better to
play the guitar with, my little red riding hood." Or are large hands no
advantage for a guitarist? Guitar playing list-members please weigh-in (I
guess that 's everyone on the list except me.)

Well I don't big hands hurt in playing guitar. Hendrix was also known to
have very large hands, and it was definitely a help in his playing.