Re: (TV) Fleiger et al not on TV 1st tour?/Ms Secret X

Like I said in my post, I may be wrong, but I saw Tom, Fred and JayDee play
at the , I think it was called the Left Banke in Westchester after the first
record.  I am almost positive Richie Fliegler played this date. I don't know
if they did more dates or not, they definitely didn't play NYC though.
I also remember my first meeting with Jimmy Ripp was when they played in
NYC, openning for, I'm almost sure, for Willie Deville, at a big theatre
sized play in the Times Sq area. This show was after Tom's second solo
record. Like I said this all happened 20 years ago, so I could be wrong.
The gig I saw in Westchester was definitely in 1981, because I remember
giving them guys copies of the single my band had just done. That night all
their equipment, and the singles were stolen.

> Now you , of course, actually know TV and other members of Television ,
but unless you are referring to some one-night only event (in NYC?) , I am
pretty darn sure that Jimmy Ripp was the only other guitarist who played
with Tom ON Tom's first solo TOUR.  I was following Tom (figuratively and
somewhat literally) back then from tour appearances in Boston in Oct 1981 to
Northampton and NYC in Nov. 1981.  Now I realize that this tour in 1981 was
just after Tom's 2nd solo record had come out, but I don't believe there
ever was an earlier tour in 1979 or 1980 for the 1st solo.