(TV) it's in my discman. it's in my life.

> (NP) Poster Children, _DDD_  IIRC, Chelsea's said
> that they just keep
> >getting better, and she's right.  Hard-hitting,
> tight, energetic,
> >positive and forward-looking.  And this
> self-recorded CD (on an old
> >Quadra, no less, right?) sounds great.
maurice, have you been reading my blog again?  :)
damn.  don't know where my copy of _ddd_ went off to,
but it's such a fun record.  this one is great for
long car rides, but their first -- _flower pLower_ --
reminds me of a cross btwn television, the minutemen,
galaxie 500 and devo.

anyway, in my discman:

a lilys cd of rare mp3s that i lifted from napster.
yeah, i feel bad, but if i could buy a copy of
"february fourteenth" i would (god knows kurt needs
the money).  this is kind of a grab-bag of things i
didn't know existed, from their earlier droney sound
to more recent, poppy stuff like an apples in stereo
cover and a _better can't make your life better_
outtake.  this makes me want to spontaneously frug and
pony at the bus stop, but i have self-control.

helium, _the magic city_, which fits nicely into the
burgeoning genre "fairytale powerpop".  ringing guitar
chords, lyrics about unicorns and butterflies and
medieval people, and mary timony's hazy, ribbon-like
voice floating above it all.

the lothars, _oscillate my metallic sonatas_.  this is
an all-theremin orchestra from boston that makes
jazzy, strangely teutonic and altogether listenable
music.  i'm making a music video for them (on pxl no
less), so i have to study the source.

eddie izzard, _dress to kill_.  this is so funny.  i
can't explain it beyond that.  he will send liquid
refreshment flying through your nasal passages.

--c.

=====
chelsea the mod pixie*tugboat@channel1.com
       http://www.pixievision.com
"i'm very happy.  it's the songs that are depressed."
--kristin hersh