From: SCOTT ALDRICH <scott.aldrich@worldnet.att.net>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2001 5:01 PM
Subject: Re: (TV) re::bands that didn't get their due...

Since we were on the subject of acid, here's two forgotten gems of bands.
Kaleidoscope (UK, not LA psychedelic band). Brilliant Syd-era Floyd-era band
on Fontana records. Their CD collection is called "Dive Into Yesterday".
Unbelievably original and still fresh sounding songs and guitar
arrangements. Also the Deviants, with Mick Farren, their debut LP, "Ptooff!"
from 1967 is the antithesis of that era. A song called "Garbage" in the era
of "Incense and peppermints"? "Garbage can make you feel so good"! Early
Mothers meets the early Stones/The Who, Satanic Majesties-like madness, with
only Sid Bishop's Pretty Things-like sick, distorted guitar to bring you to
the summer of love (well, sort of. The summer of Beefheart's Safe As Milk or
the Chocolate Watch Band to be sure) Pure nihilism. And yes, a definite
precursor (by 2 years!) to the Stooges and the MC5. Both of these albums are
seminal proto punk whatever you wanna call it. And very hallucinogenic.

Scott