(TV) anyone know anything about the song "Closer"

I came across this song and I am curious whether anyone knows anything about it.  I
downloaded an mp3 of it, labelled as Television with Richard Hell, Ork Demo.

The first line of it is: "If I had night vision" and the version I have cuts off at
the start of  a verse, after the line "Out on the beach."   Do other recordings of
this song exist?  or longer versions?  I really like the song--great intro, and
then a weird sort of dylan/velvets folk song feel.

thanks,
andrew