Re: (TV) Double Exposure vs. ...

You know, I hate(love) to make stupid comparisons, but Television with Fred
Smith was kind of like when Mick Taylor joined the Stones. They all of a
sudden just sounded great and were able to raise the musicianship and it's
the best rock band of all time. But with Brian Jones (or when Television had
Hell) they were great in an altogether different, anarchic way. Brian was
the original visionary who lost out, like Hell.
Yeah I know the comparison is silly as all hell(heh heh) since the Stones
made like a kajillion dollars and tons of timeless hits and non-hits in both
incarnations, whereas Television with Hell only made some demos and
piss-poor audience recordings, but they were nonetheless the greatest band
in the world (according to Hell) in their short incarnation, or slightly
longer if you include the Neon Boys.
And between the Buttons is my favorite Stones album (along with Flowers and
some of Aftermath especially "I Am Waiting").

Scott (US)