Re: (TV) pretentious (however it is spelt)

Good points, Greg. For me, one measure of pretension is how easily it can be punctured--you know, how effective a parody is.

F'r'instance, right now I'm listening to The Squirrels' _The Not-So-Bright Side of the Moon_. That's right, a complete cover of the Floyd album. It's amazing how a few car alarms, lawnmowers, modem carrier sounds, and funny voices can deflate the whole thing...

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/