Re: (TV) pretentious (however it is spelt)

I thought that one would stir things up a bit... but flippancy aside,
most of the Bruce Springsteen songs I know are complete cack. As far as
I can see, 'Born In The USA', 'Born To Run', and especially 'Dancing In
The Dark' plumb depths of pomposity, triteness and crassness just as low
as any that Bryan Adams has ever sunk to. And if anyone can explain why
'Streets Of Philadelphia' has any merit at all... the only Springsteen
song I've ever heard that I've come close to liking is 'I'm On Fire'.
It's true that there's a lot of Springsteen I've never heard (because
I've loathed almost everything I have heard by him, and haven't felt
inspired to explore further), but I do genuinely fail to see what the
difference is between, say, 'Born To Run' and 'Run To You'. Except that
Bryan Adams arguably has a better singing voice than Springsteen.
I'm sure I can expect flames for this, but it's the truth as I see it...
Sam