Re: (TV) San Fran 78

At 10:49 PM +0000 3/3/01, Keith Allison wrote:
In message <p05001900b6c723b54c7b@[192.168.1.102]>, Maurice Rickard
<maurice@mac.com> writes

To me it's like the band's on a mixture of caffeine and helium.  Man,
if _Adventure_ had sounded like that...

... it wouldn't have been as good...?

Well, if it was just the caffeine and helium, sure, it wouldn't have been as good. Background: _Adventure_ was the first TV I'd ever heard, and I must have listened to it every single day for a year and a half after that. I totally absorbed it. What's interesting, though, is that whenever I listen to it again, I'm consistently surprised. It is a good record. But I can't help wondering how those songs would sound as well-recorded as the album, but played with the fire of the SF 78 show. Not like it's an obsession or anything, but it's something I think about. (Like "where are my keys?" and "it's cold out there...")

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/