Re: (TV) I dont know I guess

In message <412001326213980@earthlink.net>, Gregg
<murderedman@earthlink.net> writes

>    I don't know if it's because this is a Television list and might
>    therefore be a bit "helium-centric" but there's quite a lot of
>    bashing of "raspy-voiced" singers

Well, I absolutely love Tom Waits and Beefheart and I don't think I'm
alone here on that one.

> calling Weller a hippy

Never said he was a hippy. I was just speculating as to where he stole
his present day faux-hippy stuff from (following on from the faux-soul
tedium of The Style Council). I saw The Jam in London when their first
album came out and they were terrific (leaving aside the very dodgy
Nationalist stage trappings and the appallingly-naive political crap
they were coming out with). Weller was everything that everyone was
saying he was; now he doesn't seem to be sure who he is. This is a man
who once said, in print, (and not *that* long ago) "I won't listen to
any music made by men with beards". Perhaps he didn't know what Dr. John
looked like when he covered "Splinters". Maybe he was confusing The
Beatles with The Monkees. I guess it's hard for him to see these things
with his head stuck up his bum.