Re: (TV) I dont know I guess

At 9:05 PM -0500 3/5/01, Gregg wrote:
 I don't know if it's because this is a Television list and might
 therefore be a bit "helium-centric" but there's quite a lot of bashing
 of "raspy-voiced" singers

As the person who introduced helium into the discussion (SF 78; Tom's vocals just sound extra high to me there, more so than normal--I've suspected a tape speed issue, but people have talked me out of it) I should say that I love a lot of different kinds of vocalists. Some of them tend toward the higher end of the spectrum (Neil Young, the younger Bob Dylan, Joel Phelps, Joey Ramone maybe) and some don't (Tom Waits, Sinatra, Johnny Hartman, Sam & Dave, Chet Baker, Jimi, Nick Cave, Wilson Pickett, Skip Spence, Otis, Donald Fagan, Chuck D, Calvin Johnson...) and some don't fit into easily definable categories (Jandek, Yamataka Eye).

Wow, what a guy-centric list. What about people's lists of favorite female vocalists?

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/