Re: (TV) Re:fave rock bios/books

I just got Let It Blurt for Christmas and read it in two days. I loved
it/devoured it. After just having seen "Almost Famous" , read "Psychotic
Reactions" and researching Lester Bangs on my own on the internet (I got
quite a few cool articles saved), it was a fascinating and honest read. He
obviously loves him but showed him warts and all. I find myself contrinually
referring back to it. Highly recommended reading.

Please Kill Me was fun, if trashy and gossipy.

That's it for rock and roll literature I've read lately except of course
liner notes which can be great or awful. I got the new Love bootleg, The
Last Wall Of The Castle, which is great fidelity and has SEVEN takes of 7&7
Is, as well as all of the bonus tracks found on the Forever Changes reissue.
The liner notes (and COMPLETE LYRICS!!) are superbly done. Cool.

Also some good rock fanzines: The Ugly Things and Black To Comm. Also, I'm
writing for a paper here in Brooklyn, the Brooklyn Rail, just published my
first rock review of local bands. You can find it in stores and clubs
throughout North Brooklyn, all you New Yorkers out there, I know you're
dying to check out the Brooklyn scene, right?

Scott