RE: (TV) I dont know I guess

I believe Verlaine wanted the fade-out. According to Mike Carlucci, Lenny Kaye
had heard early mixes of MARQUEE MOON, and was stunned when Tom told him he
planned to fade the track early.

I had always assumed it was technical limitation - record pressing plants hate
making records over 45 minutes in length, and with the fade out, MARQUEE MOON
clocks in at something like 44:59 (I don't have the CD handy to doublecheck,
but I believe it's close to 44:59 + the 45 seconds added without the fadeout).

--Philip