Re: (TV) REQUEST FROM RICHARD

At 2:30 AM -0800 3/15/01, Gregg Lopez wrote:

I have a similar problem at my own shows, except that instead of recording
the performance they LISTEN to Stan Ridgway tapes on their Walkmans instead
of me.
It's very uncool. Please come see me but please leave 'The Big Heat' at home
ok?

Oh, God. The Ridgway-era Wall of Voodoo _was_ a good band. (Hey, check out "Lost Weekend" on _Call of the West_ and tell me it isn't a great song.) But _The Big Heat_...mostly awful, except for "Walking Home Alone." Even if there are Minutemen on it, IIRC. (And I may not.)

The scary thing is, it wouldn't surprise me if it's been 12 or 13 years since I've heard that, and it's all come flooding back...

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/